Cajun Chicken Wings
Serves - 4 People Preperation Time - 10 minutes Cook Time - 25 minutes
1.2kg Chicken Wings
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 tsp smoked paprika
3/4 cup cornflour
1/3 cup plain flour
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
1 cup Greek-style yoghurt
1/2 bunch chives, finely chopped
vegetable oil, for deep-frying
sliced green chilli, to serve
Recipe supplied by Woolworths.
For more great recipes visit their website in the link below
1. Cut and discard the tips from chicken, then cut through the joints.
2. Combine 1 cup buttermilk, paprika and 2 tsp sea salt flakes in a large bowl. Add chicken, stirring to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight if time permits.
3. Combine cornflour, flour, seasoning, 2 tsp sea salt flakes, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper and white pepper in a bowl. Remove chicken from buttermilk, allowing excess to drain off. Toss in flour mixture to coat and place onto baking paper-lined tray.
4. Combine remaining buttermilk, yoghurt, most of the chives,
and zest and juice of 1 lime.
5. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 6-8 minutes or until golden and cooked. Drain on a wire rack over a tray. Serve chicken with yoghurt sauce, remaining lime cut into wedges, remaining chives and chilli.
Use discarded chicken wing tips to make stock.