Mango & Passionfruit Cheesecake
Serves - 8 People Preperation Time - 40 minutes Cook Time - 10 minutes
250g pkt butternut snap cookie
100g unsalted butter, melted
3 tsp gelatine powder
500g Woolworths cream cheese block, at room temperature
1/3 cup caster sugar
300ml pure cream
mango slices, to serve
2 tsp gelatine powder
1 mango, peeled, flesh removed
1/4 cup caster sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup caster sugar
1 tbs liquid glucose
1 cup passionfruit pulp (from 12 passionfruits)
Recipe supplied by Woolworths.
For more great recipes visit their website in the link below
1. To make the mango jelly, whisk gelatine with 2 tbs cold water in a small microwave-safe bowl. Stand for 5 minutes to soften. Process mango, sugar and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Microwave gelatine mixture on high for 35 seconds to dissolve, then stir into mango mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until mixture starts to set.
2. Grease and line base and sides of a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper. Break cookies into a food processor and process to fine crumbs. Add butter and process to combine. Transfer to cake tin and press evenly over base. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Whisk gelatine with 2 tbs cold water in a small microwave-safe bowl. Stand for 5 minutes to soften, then microwave on high for 35 seconds to dissolve. Set aside to cool. Process cream cheese and sugar in food processor until smooth. With motor running, gradually add cream and gelatine and process until thickened. Transfer half of the mixture to cake tin over biscuit base, spreading evenly to cover.
4. Carefully spoon mango jelly over cream cheese layer, spreading evenly. Cover with remaining cream cheese mixture and refrigerate overnight to set.
5. To make the passionfruit sauce, stir sugar and glucose in a saucepan over medium heat for 4 minutes or until a thick, clear syrup forms. Stir in passionfruit pulp. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Cool.
6. Transfer cheesecake to a serving plate. Top with half of the passionfruit sauce and extra mango slices. Cut into slices and serve with remaining passionfruit sauce.
Tip: preparation time: + standing + chilling.